Delivering excellent patient care is a team effort. While clinical staff focuses on restoring patients to physical health, business offices work hard to maintain patients’ financial health. A patient can receive the best clinical care in the world, but if the financial care they receive during or after treatment misses the mark, satisfaction with their overall experience suffers.
Parathon is committed to helping our Provider partners deliver the same caliber of incredible care financially as they do clinically.
The best Providers understand that the more complex healthcare and the technology we use to deliver it become, the more time and attention we must invest in solutions that meet today’s needs. Parathon uses our collective decades of experience to maintain a powerful suite of technology and services that prioritize patient experience.
For a deeper look at each of our solutions, see below or click the “Schedule a Demo” button to your right to speak to one of our consultants.
Parathon® Patient Responsibility Estimator – Parathon provides our Customers with unlimited real-time price estimates (the “Price Responsibility Estimator” or “PRE”) for all of Customers’ services. If such estimate is quoted to a prospect that has Third Party Payer (TPP) insurance the estimate shall include both a charge to the TPP as well as an estimate of the prospects Out-Of-Pocket (OOP) related to the service.
The PRE is integrated into Parathon’s® standard Web interface, and provide real-time price quote estimates. TPP estimates shall be based on “net” charges as provided in each Customer’s contractual relationship with its TPPs, including Medicare and Medicaid. If a service is being quoted to a party who does not have such insurance the estimate will be based on Customer’s “self-pay” and charity policy. If the prospect has TPP insurance the estimate will be based on the following:
- The unique plan in which the prospect is enrolled at the TPP; and either: 1) An average of net charges of the particular service the prospect is seeking a quote for as present on the most recent claims produced/submitted by Customer to the prospects TPP; or 2) The expected contractual reimbursement based on a model claim created by Parathon from user supplied information (i.e. DRG, diagnosis, and procedure codes) at the time of the price quote. 3) The maximum OOP estimate shall be calculated using one of the following as chosen by Customer staff:
- Using an historical look-back method the maximum OOP shall be calculated as an average OOP derived from related remittance advices “posted” to Parathon®
- By factoring terms from the TPP eligibility system against expected reimbursement from a model claim that is adjudicated against the current TPP contract
- The PRE will allow Customer’s staff to enter the “prospects” demographic information and produce a letter detailing the quote that can be handed or sent to the prospect. All letters/quotes produced by the PRE will be archived and available for future verification or other uses.
Patient Portal – Parathon implements a customized Patient Portal and communication system that will facilitate interaction and transactions between our Customers and its patients. The Patient Portal is integrated into Customer’s existing website. Parathon guarantees the following:
- The Patient Portal will be integrated within the Solution such that any of the data and functionality available with the Solution may be incorporated into the Patient Portal as requested by Customer.
- Our Customers determine the type and amount of information accessible via the Patient Portal, along with approving its “interface” design.
- Parathon ensures that The Patient Portal complies with our Customers’ Internet and HIPAA security requirements for such functionality. Such compliance includes, but is not limited to, password types and character lengths, procedures for handling lost or forgotten passwords, and criteria for identifying and handling abusive or inappropriate use of the Patient Portal.
Parathon® Case Management – Parathon provides functionality for each Customer to manage information related to Case Management/Utilization Review. Such functionality includes the following three (3) additional worklists:
- Admissions ( Predicated on receiving real-time ADT information)
- Denials – Utilization Review
Parathon® Integrated Call-in Center – Parathon provides customized automated Integrated Voice Response (IVR) Call-In Center functionality for its Customer’s patients. This service will process all incoming patient calls with automated scripts to “answer” common patient/guarantor account inquires. This functionality will also allow for such calls to be automatically routed to a Customer’s support staff when prompted by the caller. When calls are routed to such staff the patient’s account information for all Customers’ sites will automatically be presented on the staff members computer screen via this functionality.
Parathon® Automated Letter Series –This process replaces our Customers’ traditional monthly statements by triggering clear, simple, and timely letters to every patient every time their account status with a Customer changes. Our Customers work with Parathon to determine the content and process flow of the Letter Series, and have sign-off approval of Letter content. Parathon sends a daily electronic file to each Customer containing the name, address, and Letter code/number for all patient letters to be sent in that file.